HealthAmerica and HealthAmerica Advantra’s HMO, POS, and Medicare Advantage plans rank among America’s top 20 health plans. This ranking was made by U.S. News & World Report in conjunction with the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA). HealthAmerica was ranked 12th among 287 commercial plans and HealthAmerica’s Medicare Advantage plan, Advantra, was ranked 18th among 216 plans nationally.
So why were they ranked among America’s top 20 health plans? For 13 consecutive years, HealthAmerica’s HMO product and HealthAssurance’s POS product were both awarded “Excellent” accreditation from the NCQA. They’re HMO and POS are number 1 in 8 of 15 key measures. They have received the highest scores in:
- Well-child visits for members 3 to 6 years old
- Well-child visits for members over 6 years old
- Beta blocker after a heart attack
- Prenatal care in the 1st trimester
- Cervical cancer screening
- Screening and testing of adults with diabetes
- Controlling hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Cholesterol screening for patients with cardiovascular conditions
HealthAmerica provides its members with a greater combination of health benefits and services for their money suitable to their needs and wants. They offer more health benefits, like coverage for most preventive health services, including periodic checkups, coverage for hospital and surgical care, emergency care worldwide, and chiropractic services. They offer access to over 35,000 providers in Pennsylvania and Ohio and more than 350 hospitals. As a member, you are also entitled to the WellBeing program. This program offers free wellness programs and discounts on a wide range of products and services such as:
- QualSight LASIK Discount Program
- Weight Watchers
- GlobalFit fitness network
- Healthy Living and Wellness
- Health Education Reimbursement
- Wellbeing fitness clubs, acupuncture, and massage discounts
- Personalized Health Improvement
- EyeMed Vision Care Vision One EyeCare Discount Program and LASIK Vision Correction
With your health plan you also get 24 hour assistance. You can call and talk to a Member Service Representative and get answers about any question you may have with convenient hours during the week and on the weekends. The website is always available for health information. My Online Services is a feature that allows you to manage your personal health care transactions anytime it’s convenient for you.
They have a wide variety of other products, employee health benefit plans, and value-added services. With the ability to customize benefit programs that meet your needs, you can choose from HealthAssurance Coordinated Care PPO (POS), HealthPass/HealthAssurance PPO, HealthAssurance FlexChoice, and HealthAmericaOne Individual plans.
HealthAmerica’s health insurance plans can help you get the coverage you need. They are known nationwide for their service and quality and in result they have achieved the recognition of top rank in health plans. HealthAmerica’s commercial plans were rated higher than the national average in all 15 key measures of medical services and member satisfaction. The plans were also ranked higher than the Pennsylvania state average in 12 of the 15 key measures.